Stan Perron Immunisation Centre Specialist Immunisation Clinic (SIC)
Perth Children’s Hospital
Nedlands WA 6909
(the Princess Margaret Hospital is now CLOSED)
The SIC is based at Perth Children's Hospital and provides clinical care and telehealth services on a weekly basis.
More information about the SIC is available on the website of the Perth Children's Hospital.
- Children with complex immunisation requirements, such as those whose high-risk medical conditions require individualised immunisation plans.
- Children who have experienced or who are at risk of an adverse event following immunisation.
- Children and adolescents with severe needle phobia or those who are unable to be vaccinated in the community.
- Vaccine-hesitant families who require further advice.
- Children with medical comorbidities (excluding the BCG vaccine, which is only available at the Anita Clayton Centre).
- Families requiring travel advice. Please note, travel vaccines are available on private prescription.
The SIC provides clinical services for children who have complex vaccination needs. It is conducted by a paediatric Infectious Diseases Consultant and dedicated Immunisation nurse.
This clinic requires a medical referral:
- For external medical referrals, please download and use the appropriate referral form templates.
- Referrals can be sent either:
- by email (PCH.ImmunisationCentre@health.wa.gov.au)
- by fax (08 6456 0097), or
- by post (Specialist Immunisation Clinic, Infectious Diseases Department, Locked Bag 2010, Nedlands WA 6909).
- Referral letter.
- Child’s Medicare card.
- Child’s Personal Health Record.
Health professionals with complex paediatric immunisation questions can call the Perth Children's Hospital switchboard (08 6456 2222) and ask to speak to the Infectious Diseases consultant on call.
Other questions about immunisation can be directed to:
Central Immunisation Clinic
Child and Adolescent Community Health
4 - 16 Rheola Street
West Perth WA 6005
Tel: 08 9321 1312