The Royal Children’s Hospital Specialist Immunisation Clinic (RCH SIC)
The Royal Children’s Hospital
50 Flemington Rd
Parkville Victoria 3052
The clinic operates every Tuesday morning between 9am and 12 noon.
The RCH SIC telephone advisory service runs Monday to Friday (9am to 4:30pm); call 1300 882 924
- Complex medical conditions or impaired immunity (for example, undergoing chemotherapy).
- History of adverse event following immunisation (AEFI).
- Under-immunised child requiring a complex catch-up schedule.
- Needle-phobia where strategies for immunisation in primary care have failed.
- Parent seeking modified vaccination schedule due to concerns about immunisation.
- Complex or extensive concerns about immunisation that cannot be addressed in primary care.
- Up-to-date detailed information and scientific literature on immunisation.
- Extended consultations with immunisation specialists (paediatrician and/or nurse practitioners) to discuss concerns about immunisation.
- Online video-conferencing or telephone consultations for parents outside the Sydney metro area.
- Follow-up consultations as required.
- Tailored catch-up schedule for under-immunised children.
- Specialist support for children with special needs or needle-phobia.
- Vaccination under sedation (subject to medical evaluation).
- Supervised vaccination for children with complex medical conditions, for example children who are immunosuppressed, receiving chemotherapy, or have a history of anaphylaxis associated with vaccination.
- Advice about modified immunisation schedules.
- Advice about eligibility for medical exemption.
- Bulk-billing for Medicare eligible patients.
- Discuss purpose of RCH SIC consultation and expertise of the medical staff.
- Offer referral if appropriate.
- Complete RCH Specialist Clinics referral form. Referrals must be typed (not handwritten) and all fields must be completed.
- Child’s Medicare card.
- Child’s Personal Health Record (Green Book).
Telephone advisory service Mon to Fri (9am to 4:30pm): 1300 882 924.