Queensland Specialist Immunisation Service (QSIS)
Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital
501 Stanley Street
South Brisbane QLD 4101
The QSIS telephone advisory service runs Monday to Friday (9am to 4pm); call (07) 3068 1111 to speak to the hospital and be redirected to a paediatric immunisation specialist.
More information about the QSIS is available on the Children's Health Queensland website.
- History of adverse event following immunisation.
- Risk of adverse event following immunisation.
- Underlying complex medical condition.
- Need for post-immunisation supervision in a hospital setting.
- Immunisation needs that are unable to be met within the community setting.
- Comprehensive consultation and development of individual immunisation recommendations.
- Counselling for those with complex immunisation needs.
- Access to funded vaccines available through the National Immunisation Program.
- Vaccinations for inpatients, outpatients and support via telehealth.
- Bulk-billing for Medicare card holders.
Note that a medical referral is required for access to either the Specialist Immunisation Clinic or the telehealth service.
- Complete the medical referral form for Speciality Infectious Disease.
- Send the completed referral to the Lady Cilentro Hospital either:
- by fax (1300 407 281)
- by post (PO Box 3474, South Brisbane QLD 4101), or
- by email (email@example.com).
- More information about referring a child to the Queensland Specialist Immunisation Service is available on the Children's Health Queensland website.
- Referral letter.
- Child’s Medicare card.
- Child’s Personal Health Record.
Health professionals with complex paediatric immunisation questions that cannot be answered by their local Public Health Unit can call the QSIS telephone advice service.
To contact QSIS for immunisation advice, please call the hospital on (07) 3068 1111; you will be redirected to one of the paediatric immunisation specialists. The service is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm, excluding public holidays.
Patients and families with immunisation and child health enquires are encouraged to call Queensland Health 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84) to speak to a health professional.